Wednesday 16 January 2008

On The Move!!!


Firstly I would like to wish all visitors and fellow bloggers a happy and creative New Year.
Fleur and Tigger have no idea of what the New Year is going to bring and I would guess they don't really care. Life is good for them.

After last years disappointment when the sale of our farm fell through it now looks as if we have genuine buyers. We signed the Compromis de Vente [provisional contract] last Saturday morning and we are due to sign the Acte de Vente on the 28th February. That gives us 6 weeks to pack up everything and move to our house in the Aude region of France. OH BLOODY HELL !!!!!!!

Never mind it won't give me too much time to worry about it all. The OH has gone off this morning with the first trailer load of garden equipment plus a car load of spare duvets, curtains towels etc, and so it begins. So much to do and so little time to do it all.

In between I shall try and keep up my blog and my wip as we have started a new race this year and I am determined to finish the first draft [ this year atleast].

We are looking forward to starting a new chapter but it is going to be quite a wrench to leave some very good friends behind, and we have been very happy in this house for the past 17 years but all things move on and now it is time for us to move on.

Look out for progress reports and signs of impending madness as the time flies by.

13 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Congratulations on the sale!

Jenny Beattie said...

Fantastic news, Sheepish. All the best for the move.
JJx

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move. Be good to yourself - it's easy to orget when everything else takes over - maybe it could be your writing time that is the ME time you will need but what ever take care.
x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about selling the farm! Good luck!!!

Caroline said...

Fantastic news.
Happy moving.
x

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Very best of luck.

Val Grainger said...

You have been tagged by Val from the Woolly shepherds diary! (www.smallholdinginsomerset.blogspot.com) You have to provide 5 facts about yourself then tag 5 other sites who will all provide a link back to the person who tagged them!!!
So 5 facts….
1. I love beer….especially Pelforth Brune!
2. I am very untidy!
3. I drive a bright yellow car
4. I make my own bread
5. I also save small children from tooth decay by stealing sweets

I love your site by the way!!!

Val Grainger said...

You have been tagged by Val from the Woolly shepherds diary! (www.smallholdinginsomerset.blogspot.com) You have to provide 5 facts about yourself then tag 5 other sites who will all provide a link back to the person who tagged them!!!
So 5 facts….
1. I love beer….especially Pelforth Brune!
2. I am very untidy!
3. I drive a bright yellow car
4. I make my own bread
5. I also save small children from tooth decay by stealing sweets

I love your site by the way!!! Got the link from permaculture in Normandy!
I also want to say well done you for getting those sheep worrying dogs destroyed. we have had 2 instances of this in the last 2 weeks.......makes my blood boil!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations on the sale and best of luck for the move. D

kathyann said...

Congratulations onthe sale of your house and Good Luck with the move!
Love from kathyann and the girls at meg's mum's muffins

Anonymous said...

hope everything has gone smoothly. get that computer plugged in!

Anonymous said...

Hope the move went well and you still had a bottle of champers to crack open to celebrate after new year excesses! D & P

Unknown said...

Just popping to say I was thinking of you and hoping all is going well.
x