Thursday 23 October 2008

Strictly come dancing and anonymous poets!!


I'm rather under the weather at the moment with a stinker of a cold, sore throat, chesty cough etc. So I've not managed to do much at all this week. No running, no cycling,no writing, just feeling sorry for myself. However I do want to thank Anonymous for the lovely poem she/he left in a comment on my last post, do let me know who you are.


I have managed to plant some lovely Pansies that we bought at the Market on Sunday [not a good photo but it was the best I could manage today] some delicate colours to brighten up the Winter, although the weather has been glorious for the last few weeks, warm sunny days and mild nights. We are still waiting to hear when the builder is going to start, two or three weeks we hope, it will probably start raining then!!!!


A couple of weeks ago the OH and I started Dance classes in the nearby town. The OH wants to learn to jive and we thought it would be a good way to meet people. We have signed up for Latin American starting with Salsa and Pasa Doble this term, jive comes later. It is proving to be good fun but much more difficult than we anticipated. We go on a Thursday evening from 9pm to 10pm, we go with a couple of English friends but the rest of the wannabe dancers are all French. Luckily we all seem to be blessed with two left feet so nobody stands out. We have a couple of drinks at a local bar first just to loosen up, tongues and feet!!! It has done us good to make the effort and our friends appreciate me translating for them. I think it will be hard work tonight but I daren't miss a lesson.
Today I am going to try and get some more of my wip typed up so I can update my word counter. It will be good to see it moving forward again.

4 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

I am so glad to hear about the dancing. Not only, as you say, so you meet friends, but also because dancing is very good way to release endorphins.

I have something very, very small for you sheepish. If you email me your address to 4pmteatime (at) gmail (dot) com I will send it to you. It's very small, and you really must not get excited!

Lane Mathias said...

About this time every year, after I've watched a few Strictly Come Dancings, I get the urge to learn to dance. Good for you for actually doing it. It sounds fun, especially after a glass or two first:-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Please could you email me too? zinniacyclamen (at) hotmail (dot) com - I would have emailed you but I can't see an email address on your blog (sorry if I'm being dim). I want to try to answer your question about profile photos. I had a go at ballroom dancing once. Trouble was, I think I had three left feet... glad you're having some fun.

Anonymous said...

Sheepishly shy anon poet is only D of P & D of TW. So moved by your beautiful poetry and thinking of you.