Tuesday 8 January 2013

Blog birthday

Just to say that this is the 6th birthday of my blog, so happy blogday to me. I have also mentionned in a previous post that the 8th of January is the day when Isabel Allende sits down each year to start a new novel so it's not a bad day for me to have chosen. I am hoping that this will prove to be an auspicious day for re-launching my aspirations as a writer.
 This is what I scribbled this morning:

Take one step into the past
Hold onto the present
Look to the future.
Write as if your life depended on it
Every word shall be a mirror
Every sentence a search for understanding.
Don't be shy
BE BOLD.

Put your heart on the page
And it will be good.
Banish fear to the closet
Leap from the cliff
And watch your wings unfold.

So I hope my wings can hold me up and keep me flying, and that this will be a good year. Now I had better do some real work.

3 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Happy Blogging Birthday to you - and may your wings lift you to where you want to be. Cx

(And many thanks for your very kind words on my blog today.)

Jenny Beattie said...

Happy belated blog birthday. This made me look up when Tea Stains' birthday is... not long now. xx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Happy belated blog birthday. Sorry I missed this.x