Sunday 27 September 2009

Sunday word count and Village fete

Well I've just about managed to beat JJ this week, but only just. I have written 3100 words so have fallen 400 short of my weekly target. I could blame the fact that we are spending several hours every day putting up HUGE sheets of plasterboard, getting covered in the stuff I use to stick the boards to the walls and ending up looking like Mr Pastry[who is he you are probably wondering, but I am not going to show my age by telling you] or that it's our village fete which lasts for three days and involves live music in the square every evening starting at 10.30pm and going on til 2 or 3am !!!!! But to be perfectly honest I got a bit bogged down with some research.
So next week I will have to keep my head down and try and do better.
Still it's good to be a winner again and I understand that JJ has another busy week coming up, oh dear [smirks quietly] of course she could be trying to lull me into a false sense of security.
So another evening of dancing and music then back to the grindstone tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh, you winning one, you shall never know the truth...

Well done for winning this week. I think it's my turn again next week. Keep hauling that plaster board about...

Caroline said...

Ooooh - Well done you! And your smirking made me smile :)I think JJ will go for it next week... ooooh I am loving these exciting times (I need to get out more, don't I?)

Keep going! Raa-raa-rarrrr! x